This is a listing of books that include JFLAP along with a description of how it is mentioned.
Please feel free to add books that you know of that mention JFLAP, thanks!
- Susan Rodger and Thomas Finley, JFLAP - An Interactive Formal Languages and Automata Package, ISBN 0763738344, Jones and Bartlett, 2006.
- This book is a supplemental book to use with most automata theory books and shows how to use JFLAP with finite automata, pushdown automata, Turing machines, grammars (regular, context-free and unrestricted), LL and SLR parsing, and L-systems. It includes usage of JFLAP with several proof conversions such as NFA to DFA to minimal state DFA, DFA to regular expression, CFG to pushdown automata, etc.
- Peter Linz - Introduction to Formal Languages and Automata 4th edition, ISBN-13:978-0-7637-3798-6.
- Rodger and Linz have worked closely the past few years resulting in this book being a good fit with JFLAP's definitions and algorithms.
- Coming Fall 2008, CD with JFLAP exercises by Linz and Rodger coming out in Fall 2008. This CD has JFLAP examples and exercises chapter by chapter to fit with the book An Introduction to Formal Languages and Automata Theory 4th Edition by Linz
- Gopalakrishnan, G. L. Computation Engineering: Applied Automata Theory and Logic. Springer Science+Business Media LLC, 2006.
- This book encourages the use of JFLAP for working with nondeterministic finite automata, deterministic finite automata, and Turing Machines. JFLAP is suggested for educational exercises.
- Ben-Ari, Mordechai. Principles of the Spin Model Checker. Springer-Verlag London Limited 2008.
- JFLAP is referenced in the book and the Visualizing Nondeterminism (VN) software tool mentioned reads nondeterministic finite automata from the JFLAP file format.
- Goddard, Wayne. Introducing the Theory of Computation. Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc 2008.
- An interlude section between the first two parts introduces JFLAP, gives a brief explanation of its capabilities, and recommends its use for working with various models.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.